Other applicable terms
Information about us and how to contact us
Helpling is a technology platform, accessed through the Site or the App, that connects users (such as you) with third party providers of cleaning services and certain other services as listed on the Site (Service Providers). It enables you to engage a Service Provider in your area for the provision of those services.
Helpling is operated and owned by Teddle Limited (we or us). We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under the company number 07991751 and have our registered office at Unit CRLG/G, Cranmer House,39 Brixton Road, London SW9 6DZ. Our main trading address is at Unit CRLG/G, Cranmer House, 39 Brixton Road, London SW9 6DZ and our VAT number is GB 132 8488 02.
If you wish to contact us in writing, have a complaint or are required to give us notice in writing, you can send this to us by email at [email protected] or by pre-paid post to our main trading address referred to above. If we have to contact you or give you notice in writing, we will do so by email to any email address you provide to us.
Please note that we simply provide the platform that connects users (such as you) with Service Providers and allows them to be introduced. We do not, ourselves, provide any cleaning services or other services of the type listed on the Site as being provided by Service Providers and any contract for the provision of those services is between you and the relevant Service Provider (and not us). It is up to the relevant Service Provider to perform any services you request through Helpling (and, if requested by you, to provide any cleaning materials required) and you agree to comply with any terms of service that apply between you and the relevant Service Provider.
If you have a complaint in relation to the services provided by a Service Provider, that complaint must be taken up with the Service Provider directly. If you are unable to resolve a dispute with a Service Provider or you cannot come to an agreement with a Service Provider, please contact us and we will use our reasonable endeavours to try to resolve the dispute.
We do take reasonable measures to ensure the suitability and quality of the Service Providers, including, without limitation, conducting interviews, obtaining proof of identity and address and obtaining references. However, you acknowledge that, in carrying out any checks, we may be reliant on information supplied by third parties and we cannot guarantee that such information is accurate. We also cannot guarantee that any particular Service Provider is suitable for your purposes and you use Service Providers at your own risk, although we may remove a Service Provider from Helpling on the basis of any feedback you or other users provide in relation to that Service Provider if we deem it appropriate, but are under no obligation to do so.
Use of the App
We may (but are under no obligation to) update the Site and/or the App from time to time, and may change the content on them at any time. You may, following an update, need to download the latest version of the App in order to continue using it.
The Site and the App are made available free of charge and you may download the App onto any number of Mobile Devices.
We make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that Helpling or any content on it: (i) will always be available or be uninterrupted; (ii) will be error-free, accurate, complete or up-to-date; or (iii) will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
Access to Helpling is permitted on a temporary basis and we may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of it without notice. We will not be liable to you if, for any reason, Helpling is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to access Helpling (including configuring your information technology) and you should use your own virus protection software.
Registration and security
Use of, and access to, certain parts of Helpling may require you to register with us. If you wish to register, you must complete all of the fields on the registration page.
You must not create your own Helpling account using an email address other than your own or one that you are permitted to use and, if you know or suspect that someone other than you has successfully registered to use Helpling using your email address, you must notify us immediately at [email protected]
You may not authorise others to access Helpling using your username and password and you may not assign or otherwise transfer your account to any other person or entity. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your username or password, you must promptly notify us at [email protected] and change your password.
You are responsible for all acts and omissions of any third parties who use your username or password to access Helpling, whether fraudulently or not, and you agree to reimburse us on demand for any loss we suffer as a result of such use.
Pricing and payment
When you first request the services of a Service Provider, you will be asked to provide us with valid credit or debit card payment details to pay for the services you request through Helpling. We will store your card details for such purpose and you agree that we may undertake authorisation checks on that card (including when you use Helpling to request the services of a Service Provider).
If you request the services of a Service Provider for a one-off visit, payment of a £10 deposit will be taken automatically and processed by our third party payment service provider in advance of the scheduled visit using the card details previously provided by you. Payment of the balance will be taken following the end of the scheduled visit.
If you request the services of a Service Provider on a repeat basis, payment of a £10 deposit for the first scheduled visit will be taken automatically and processed by our third party payment service provider in advance using the card details previously provided by you. Payment of the balance will be taken following the end of the first scheduled visit. For subsequent visits, payment will be taken in full following the end of the scheduled visit.
The amount you will pay will comprise: (i) a fee due to the Service Provider based on the duration of the visit(s) (i.e. the number of hours worked); and (ii) a service fee due to us as stated on the receipt you receive and calculated by reference to the number of hours (or part thereof) worked by the Service Provider. We will issue you with a single receipt for the total amount paid by you in respect of each booking.
Service Providers are free to set the amount they charge for the Services they provide to Users. This will be notified to you each time you request the services of a Service Provider.
Our pricing policy in relation to the service fee due to us is set out on the Site and can be accessed here. We reserve the right to make changes to our pricing policy at any time. If you do not agree to any such changes, you should stop using Helpling and (if applicable) delete the App from your Mobile Device.
If any amount due from you remains unpaid, we reserve the right: (i) to charge reasonable administration costs; (ii) to charge interest (both before and after judgment) on the outstanding amount at the rate applicable to judgment debts under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998; (iii) to arrange for any further bookings made by you to be suspended; and/or (iv) to take such other action as we deem appropriate, including, without limitation, immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use Helpling.
To the extent applicable, all fees are inclusive of VAT at the prevailing rate.
Booking process and cancellation
Bookings can be made on a weekly, fortnightly or one-off basis. Users making a one-off booking are subject to no further commitment beyond their initial booking.
Weekly and fortnightly bookings are subject to a 90 day minimum commitment, starting on the date of your first booking and ending 90 days from that date. If you have chosen weekly bookings, you must make and complete a minimum of 10 bookings during this 90 day period. If you have chosen fortnightly bookings, you must make and complete a minimum of five bookings during this 90 day period. If you need to reschedule or cancel any bookings during this 90 day period, we will extend the period by up to 30 days to allow for this. If you fail to meet the minimum commitments for your booking type (i.e. 10 bookings for weekly users and five bookings for fortnightly users), we reserve the right to charge you a cancellation fee equivalent to the full value of the uncompleted bookings to your registered credit or debit card (up to a maximum value of £60).
If you have chosen weekly or fortnightly bookings, you have a legal right to change your mind and cancel the agreement between us within 14 days following the date on which your first booking is confirmed and receive a full refund in respect of any amounts already paid by you. However, if you cancel after your first booking has been completed, you must pay for any completed bookings.
If you request the services of a Service Provider, we will notify you by text message and/or email when a Service Provider has accepted your request and confirmed the booking.
If you decide to cancel a booking (whether for a one-off visit or on a repeat basis), you may do so via the Site or the App, subject in each case to the following conditions: (i) if a Service Provider has not yet confirmed the booking, you may cancel it without charge; (ii) if a Service Provider has confirmed the booking but has not yet carried out the services requested, you may cancel it without charge up to 24 hours before the scheduled start time of the visit (and, if we have already taken payment of a deposit for such visit, we will offer you a full refund in respect of the relevant amount if you do not wish to rearrange the visit); and (iii) if you cancel less than 24 hours before the scheduled start time of the visit, we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee as stated on the Site which will be charged to your registered credit or debit card. Cancellations direct with the relevant Service Provider are not permitted and will not be accepted.
If a booking is cancelled by the Service Provider or if the Service Provider fails to attend the agreed location to provide the services requested, you must notify us within 72 hours following the scheduled start time of the visit and, if still required, make another request for the relevant services to be provided by the Service Provider (or another Service Provider) at another mutually agreeable time. If we have already taken payment of a deposit for such visit, we will offer you a full refund in respect of the relevant amount if you do not wish to rearrange the visit.
You agree to treat Service Providers courteously and lawfully and to provide a safe and appropriate working environment for them in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. You also agree to provide them with all reasonable information and co-operation required to enable them to provide the services you have requested.
You acknowledge that your preferred Service Provider, if you have one, may be unavailable from time to time, whether due to illness or vacation or through ceasing to use Helpling.
By registering to use Helpling, you agree that all bookings between you and Service Providers will be made through Helpling and that you will not engage or employ any Service Provider you have previously booked through Helpling, or whose contact details you have received from us, to provide any Services other than through Helpling. If a Service Provider offers to provide Services to you other than through Helpling, you must refuse such offer and notify us immediately. If you accept any such offer or if you make a similar offer to a Service Provider, we will immediately withdraw your right to use Helpling (without any obligation to refund any fees already paid by you) and you will be required to compensate us in respect of any losses we suffer as a result up to a maximum of £500.
You also agree not to engage or employ any Service Provider you have previously booked through Helpling, or whose contact details you have received from us, to provide any Services for a period of six months after the date of termination of the legal agreement between us.
Intellectual Property Rights
You must not use any part of the content on Helpling for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence or other written consent to do so form us or our licensors.
Your liability to us
Limitation of our liability
You acknowledge that Helpling has not been developed to meet your individual requirements and that it is therefore your responsibility to ensure that the facilities and functions of Helpling meet your requirements.
If you are a business or an individual using Helpling in a business capacity, please note that:
- we will not be liable for: (i) loss of profits, sales, business or revenue; (ii) business interruption; (iii) loss of anticipated savings or interest; (iv) loss of business opportunity; (v) loss of or damage to data; (vi) loss of or damage to reputation or goodwill; or (vii) any indirect, special or consequential damages, loss, costs, claims or expenses of any kind; and
- to the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to Helpling or any content on it, whether express or implied.
If you are a consumer, you may only use Helpling for domestic and private use. You agree not to use Helpling for any commercial, business or resale purposes and, if you do, we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption or loss of business opportunity.
We will not under any circumstances be liable for:
- the behaviour, acts or omissions of any Service Providers you engage through Helpling or the quality of the services they provide; or
- any loss or damage caused by any bug, virus, distributed denial-of-service attack or other technologically harmful material that may infect your information technology (including your Mobile Device), data or other proprietary material due to your use of Helpling or your downloading of any content on it or on any website linked to it.
- excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English law; or
- is intended to affect your statutory rights. Advice about your statutory rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
Restrictions on use of Helpling
You may only use Helpling for lawful purposes. You may not use it:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international laws or regulations;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload or download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards as set out below;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- knowingly to transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed adversely to affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
- in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security or interfere with other users of Helpling; and
- to collect or harvest any information or data from Helpling or our systems or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running Helpling.
You also agree:
- not to permit Helpling or any part of it to be combined with, or become incorporated in, any other programs;
- not to access without authority, penetrate, interfere with, damage or disrupt (or attempt to do any of the same): (i) the accounts of other users of Helpling; (ii) any part of Helpling or its security measures; (iii) any equipment or network on which Helpling is stored; (iv) any software used in the provision of Helpling; or (v) any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party;
- not to copy the App except where such copying is incidental to normal use of the App or where it is necessary for the purpose of back-up or operational security;
- not to disassemble, decompile, reverse-engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the App or attempt to do any such thing except to the extent that (by virtue of section 296A of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988) such actions cannot be prohibited because they are essential for the purpose of achieving inter-operability of the App with another software program, and provided that the information obtained by you during such activities: (i) is used only for the purpose of achieving inter-operability of the App with another software program; (ii) is not unnecessarily disclosed or communicated without our prior written consent to any third party; and (iii) is not used to create any software that is substantially similar to the App; and
- not to provide or otherwise make available the App in whole or in part (including object and source code) in any form to any person without prior written consent from us.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to Helpling and to any interactive services associated with it. You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution, as well as to its whole.
If you make use of any feature that allows you to post or upload any content to Helpling (for example, by providing a review, feedback and/or comments in relation to a Service Provider or when making contact with Helpling or other users of Helpling), any such content must be accurate and genuine and must not:
- be defamatory of any person;
- be obscene, offensive, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable;
- promote violence or indecent or sexually explicit material;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe or violate any copyright, database right, trade mark or any other intellectual property right of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any laws or any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- advocate, promote, assist or enable any illegal or unlawful activities (including, without limitation, copyright infringement or computer misuse) or intend to defraud, swindle or deceive other users of Helpling;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy another person;
- be used to impersonate any person or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if that is not the case;
- relate to commercial activities (including, without limitation, sales, competitions and advertising, links to other websites or premium rate telephone numbers); or
- disseminate or otherwise disclose another person’s personal information without his or her prior permission or collect or solicit another person’s personal information for commercial or unlawful purposes.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted or uploaded by you or any other user of Helpling and we do not recommend or endorse any such content or accept any responsibility for its accuracy. Any such content will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary and we have the right to use, store, copy, distribute and disclose the same to third parties (including the relevant authorities) for any purpose whatsoever without any liability or payment to, or recognition of, you of any kind. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party in respect of whom you provide a review, feedback and/or comments or who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to Helpling constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove or delete any posting you make on Helpling or to disclose it to the relevant authorities if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with our content standards as set out above. If so, you must not attempt to re-post the relevant content.
Suspension and termination
You may terminate the legal agreement between us and, if you are a registered user, request the closure of your account at any time by emailing us at [email protected] (subject to fulfilling your minimum booking commitment, as per the ‘Booking process and cancellation’ section above).
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use Helpling;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any content uploaded, posted, submitted or displayed by you on or to Helpling;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you; and
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we feel is reasonably necessary.
If we withdraw your right to use Helpling:
- you must, if applicable, immediately delete the App from all Mobile Devices; and
- you must not attempt to re-register to use Helpling.
Linking to the Site
You may link to the Site’s homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link to the homepage in any website that is not owned by you or in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. The Site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of the Site other than the homepage.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with our content standards as set out above.
If you wish to make any use of any content on the Site other than that set out above, please contact us at [email protected]
Links to third party websites and resources
The Site and/or the App may contain links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, including, without limitation, advertisers. We have no control over those websites or resources or their availability and any links to them are provided for your information only. You will need to make your own independent judgement regarding your interaction with any such websites or resources, including the purchase and use of any products or services accessible through them. We are not responsible for, and do not endorse, their content or their privacy policies (if any) and we will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Events outside our control
Other important terms
Nothing in the foregoing paragraph will limit our right to take proceedings against you in any other court of competent jurisdiction, nor will the taking of proceedings in any one or more jurisdictions preclude us from taking proceedings in any other jurisdiction, whether concurrently or not, to the extent permitted by the law of such other jurisdiction.